From my older notes from 2007 onward
Virtual Instrumentation designers can make DMM, Logic Analyzer or Oscilloscope Ipod App. This can be used along with wireless probes and sensors. It will need a embedded server with router in the premises which has the main Instrumentation or Automation Monitoring.
Hobby DIY enthusiasts can try making a Logic Probe, a DMM or a Low Frequency Scope
Wi-Fi port which can interface to your computer or embedded system. Commercial Routers and also Wi-Fi ethernet interfaces, help you network.
An option for Ambient Acoustic Noise cancellation would make the music sound better. The microphone can be in the device and only the larger high pitched noises can be compensated. The same Mic can be used to auto adjust volume with ambient noise.
A certain volume setting during the day is not valid in the night as ambient noise is less and ears become more sensitive as sun sets. This ability is more among humans who are in natural surroundings, but in urban humans it may be different. Still instincts cant change much.
First let me tell how i carry my device to prevent it from getting damaged. The Anti-shock, Vibration and Impact resistance of my pouch is very good. Then i have made a 1/4" thick Force Lining inside with a double layer pure silk sachet filled with a mix of Sponges & Scouring Pads. This may not make it bullet proof, but even a hard hit against the edge of a table will not damage it. But still the yanking of the Headphone chord by protruding objects needs to be addressed.
Now thedevice in its safety pouch is in an internal pocket and the headphone wires run within the sweater or jerkin. This prevents any hit ondevice or yank on cable. Now comes the main problem, we have to adjust the volume or skip a song, the ipod has to be extracted from its safe embedded hideout.
If the headphone the resistance is say 100 ohms, it is incremented by 1 ohm by means of a tiny push switch on the headphone or in the cable, it will not disturb the sound. This 1 ohm increase in resistance can be sensed by a DC 10uA constant current which will not be affected by the AC music circuit. Now by a click and double click we can signal a volume or next song. With two switches 101 ohm and 102 ohm you can get more control. There is no special connector for the headphone and it will work with older iPods as well. And as it uses impedance Signalling, there is no new noise in music.
- The Standby time and Shelf time after full charge should be specified. This device leaks fast on standby and Shelf time also is not good enough. It works for me. But for Average Home User or Young Student. Auto Power Management is Crucial.
- The 1 GB let me repeat 1Gb is not enough for the Apps you would like to use. We need to depend on Apps that locate the Media outside the 1 Gb. 4Gb App Space is good enough. There are apps to "Move App to SD Card" i will try later.
- The Task Bar a bit Intrusive. for such a small space, it is expected. We need more training, Fingers with Long Nails, Greasy and Sticky Fingers are never good for Touch Interface. In Vertical or Portrait Mode Task Bar icons overlap. The ScreenShot button seems to be coming in the way when using Screen Keyboard for Father (88). Gallery is full now, an automatic jpeg activity log, more than i asked for. I could not think of any solution except a slim 1 cm by 7 cm control/annunciation touch LCD panel that is embedded 1mm deep, on the shorter side perhaps.
- We need a System Restore here too.. xp has learned to heal itself over the years. My Ubuntu is still going on, so robust. I suggest a Small Green Button, Inset 3mm Deep, a "Heal" button. Press it and it starts the system in the last Healthy Session. Even before MS made system restore, I had made batch files called "nocrash" for Win 3.1, 95,98 and xp too. Maintains system dll, ini and dat file mirrors. The folders and files are built back on the next boot. Recover from crashes and even virus attacks by hiding files.
- Internet Independent Apps/Textbooks for Education with entire School bag and Integrated Education Calender.
- A WiMax Network in Rural Areas also by Private Companies to make Affordable Internet for Students and Schools.
- A Tablet, a Pen and a Notepad is all that a Student will carry to his School or College other than the Lunch-Box.
Use a WiFi Manager and a Battery Manager and "Move to SD card App" to get the bet of your phone and tablet, save power.
Routinely, hourly, check apps that are running and close what is not in use. Close all apps after and before playing a Game.
Bluetooth, Mobile Data, WiFi - switch on only when required as it may .. save battery power, save money, apps are faster.
Comm Phone - 1 Core CPU - 500 Mb RAM and 2 Gb App Space and 4 Gb Storage and Ext SD 16 Gb - Communications. - 4-5 Inches Screen.
Game Phone - 2 Core CPU - 1 Gb RAM and 8 Gb App Space and 8 Gb Storage and Ext SD 32 Gb - Apps, Games, Tools. - 5-6 Inches Screen.
Power Tablet - 4 Core CPU - 2 Gb RAM and 12 Gb App Space and 16 GB Storage and Ext SD 64 GB - Heavy Games and Apps. - 7-12 Inches Screen.
12-14 inches are Light Convertibles, Two in One, With Keyboard and 64 GB App Space. Like the Asus Transformer.
50 MegaPixel Camera not Included, Please buy a Dedicated Camera ! Devices with Dodeca Core Processor Arrays are not covered in this Stub
Phone makers should not be miserly on flash & partition with extra generosity for the AppSpace. Storage can be managed somehow.